Re: [Amps] (no subject)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] (no subject)
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 09:46:24 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 09:17:42 -0400, "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com> wrote:

>You can easily prove the phase relationship with a dual trace scope. Do it
>with a FET or 6C4 if you want, do it at audio or RF, makes no difference.
>Do it grid driven and GG and then tell me the relationships.

>Geez, why we have to discuss basics here is beyond me.

REPLY:

Grounded grid: Cathode goes negative, plate goes negative. In phase.

Grounded cathode: Grid goes negative, plate goes positive. Out of
phase.

Sometimes even well-educated people misunderstand the basics, and
that's why it needs to be discussed. A passing grade in school should
be 100%, but alas, it isn't.

73, Bill W6WRT