Re: [Amps] 'Radio Transmitters" by Stoke

To: "'Alek Petkovic'" <vk6apk@bigpond.com>, "'Zeitler, Lane LT, FST-1'" <zeitlel@cpr3.navy.mil>, "'Jim Thomson'" <Jim.thom@telus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 'Radio Transmitters" by Stoke
From: "Alex Eban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:53:59 +0300
Just for the record: the ONLY amplifier configuration that inverts phase is
the common cathode!
Soooo, when using the GG setup, you actually place a shielding grid between
input and output, but you have to take GREAT CARE to keep stray coupling
around the tube as low as possible, otherwise you open yourself to the
possibility of getting struck with positive feedback and get yourself a
power oscillator!
Most VHF and up oscillators are based on a common base circuit with a
capacitor between collector and emitter!
Alex            4Z5KS