Re: [Amps] Good engineering...More Car Computer Horror Stories

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Good engineering...More Car Computer Horror Stories
From: "WA3GIN" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:44:58 -0400
Most Car OBComputers I've seen are completely sealed in metal cases...some
of the accessory boards are not...when I owned an Izusu Rodeo I could open
up the automatic door locks running 50 watts on 40m SSB.  In fact for grins
one night we went to the dealership and with 500 watts unlocked all the
trucks in the lot...what a hoot. But that was 10-15yrs ago.