Re: [Amps] Hmmmm...Legal limit boiled the oil in the cantena

To: garyschafer@comcast.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Hmmmm...Legal limit boiled the oil in the cantena
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 09:01:29 EDT
The corona ball at the tip of a mobile antenna is really important to
proper standing wave management. If it is completely symmetric, then
omni-directional radiation is assured. If it is asymmetrical, then increased
field
strength can be obtained by proper orientation of the asymmetry. If it is
inverted cone shaped, the angle of radiation is lowered and concentrated.

Any CB field strength contester is aware of these little known  phenomena.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 4/7/2010 9:38:26 P.M. Central Daylight Time,