Re: [Amps] Hmmmm...Legal limit boiled the oil in the cantena

To: "dezrat1242@yahoo.com" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Hmmmm...Legal limit boiled the oil in the cantena
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 11:52:37 -0400
  Standing waves are necessary on resonant antennas, such as half wave dipoles,
quarter wave verticals, etc  , that is what makes them resonate and why they
radiate well.  If they are made shorter we have to make them resonate either by
adding loading coils or antenna tuner. The tuner and antenna become a resonate
system.  There are non-resonate antennas that radiate well but they are larger,
such as horn, rhombic, uhf helical and discone (a variant of the horn)
antennas. Just as in musical instruments, some use sounding boards and horns to
couple to the air other use high-q resonance to do so such as in pipe organs,
flutes, Bells (really high q).
73
Bill wa4lav