Re: [Amps] pi-net spreadsheet question

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] pi-net spreadsheet question
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 03:18:24 +0000
>> Let me get this straight: Resistors don't change in the lower value
>> direction and when they do below a certain value they burn up.
>>
>> Right?
>>
>> 73, Bill W6WRT

   I can not follow this tread to it's originator, but:
   I had a sub-assembly fail a week or two ago and the problem was a 39 k Ohm 2
Watt resistor (one
of two) had burned it's self DOWN to 30.09 OHMS and the increased current burnt
up a 470 Ohm at 2
Watt resistor.  The other 39 k Ohm 2 Watt resistor was not so effected.
   The 39 k Ohm 2 Watt resistors and a 1 k Ohm 1/2 Watt resistor (for each)
drop (+ and -) 170 Volt
supplies (divide by 40) into a comparator (each) and detect power supply
failures.
In operation since May 2002.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - The next election, I know what is going to happen, I'm going
to help.