Re: [Amps] Carbon resistor value change direction

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Carbon resistor value change direction
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 10:42:59 -0400
> I have measured literally hundreds of carbon comps used in parasitic
> suppressors and as hV multipliers and have yet to see one go down in value.

   In this application the carbon composition resistors are not cooked
adequately to
render the phenolic material into carbon, shunting the original carbon rod.
   It seem obvious that resistor's phenolic tube can and do become carbonized
occasionally, but not often in this application.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - The next election, I know what is going to happen, I'm going
to help.