Re: [Amps] A tale of two IMs What happens?

To: <garyschafer@comcast.net>, "'Roger'" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] A tale of two IMs What happens?
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 21:13:21 -0400
You can easily here the results during a SSB contest. Even a clear frequency
outside the SSB window has an elevated noise floor caused by all the IMD
products from DC to daylight mixing randomly. It becomes white noise.

This was covered in the early 80's in a paper dealing with the IMD
requirements of CATV trunking amps in order to meet near studio level video
quality.

Carl
KM1H

\