Re: [Amps] HV lytic max V ratings..some notes.

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV lytic max V ratings..some notes.
From: mikea <mikea@mikea.ath.cx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 08:16:06 -0500
On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 09:05:39AM -0400, Ron Youvan wrote:
> > That logic reminds me of a guy I used to work with. He had a favorite
> > DMM that the rest of us didn't think much of.  He was really proud of
> > it.  One day we heard that model was being discontinued. His
> > explanation: The meter was so popular that they couldn't keep up with
> > the orders, so they just took it out of production instead. I often
> > wonder whatever happened to him.
>
>    I have in my life gone into stores and my "usual" was absent, I
> asked a employee where did they move "*" to and was told, we can't
> keep them on the shelves so we quit trying, we don't carry them
> anymore. I wonder if anyone can be that stupid.

Oh, yes indeed. I got something almost exactly like this reply recently,
when I asked about something that used to be carried at my local grocery
store:

"There's no demand for this, so we don't stock it. You know, you're the
seventh (or eighth) person to ask about it today."

That's not the first time I've heard that sort of thing, either. There
is absolutely no shortage of stupidity nowadays.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea@mikea.ath.cx