Re: [Amps] 160m mosfet linear amplifier problem with ferrite cores

To: amps@contesting.com, David Cutter <d.cutter@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 160m mosfet linear amplifier problem with ferrite cores
From: sasas asasas <tzitzikas_ee@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 05:05:29 -0700 (PDT)
The linear have been constructed by me (if you mean the manufacter of linear
amplifier).

The prototype have been constructed by schematic designer and you can see a
photo here:

http://www.tzitzikas.webs.com/linear_first.jpg ;

Also, this linear have  been successfully constructed by another radio amateur.
You can see photos here:

http://www.tzitzikas.webs.com/linear_working3.jpg

http://www.tzitzikas.webs.com/linear_working1.jpg

http://www.tzitzikas.webs.com/linear_working2.jpg

Both of these linear are using International Rectifier IRFP360 mosfets.
I use this time Siliconix IRFP360 mosfets. Both of amateurs claims that
their linear amplifier gives at least 450w r.f power at the outupt
stage.