[Amps] Vacuum Variables Tips and Tricks?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Vacuum Variables Tips and Tricks?
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 06:25:48 -0700 (PDT)

I have been looking at Vacuum Variables Capacitors made in Russia.  Has anyone
had any experience with these type of caps?  I sure someone has.  Do they mount
in a "saddle and clamp" mechanism?  I have been look as to how you mount them
and have gotten some information and ideas.  Can you buy a mount?  Can you
build a mount?  What about insulating them on one side and ground on the other.
 Does anyone have some "tricks?"

Lee - K0WA

 Ham Radio Operators:  Kansas QSO Party is August 28-29, 2010.  See
www.ksqsoparty.org for details

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense divine?

Common Sense is the image of the Creator expressing revealed truth in my mind.
-  J. Wolf