Re: [Amps] What's the story on these companies?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] What's the story on these companies?
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 13:46:42 -0500

> Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Re: [Amps] What's the story on these companies?
>

> I have one of these. Very nicely made amp. Metron /Transworld is still in
business
> and seemed
> to sell a lot of these with their TW100 radio (also very nicely made)  in
a rack format
> for
> embassy / government use.
>
> Works as advertised ~500 watts out w/35-45 watts drive. I've only ever
used it on
> CW. Build
> Quality is quite high.

I was a Metron dealer years ago before Magnus sold out to Transworld. I
toured the Transworld factory shortly after they took on the Metron line,
and was very impressed. They make many military communications products, spy
radios, intrinsically safe radios, and all kinds of comm. gear for
governments all over the planet. It speaks well for the Metron that it met
mil. specs. with little or no changes from the Magnus version. Magnus
offered a 10-meter kit; I sold/installed a bunch. I have not seen a
Transworld version, but I am fairly sure that it covers 1.8 to 30 MHz.
without any mods. or gaps in coverage.

I figured that enquiring minds wanted to know!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC