Re: [Amps] 4CX250B Ratings in Dentron Clipperton V

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4CX250B Ratings in Dentron Clipperton V
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 17:59:47 -0400
I am not sure about using screen current as an indicator. The 4CX250B tubes can
have under certain conditions a negative screen current.
This has to do with the fact that the screen grid elements are supposed to be
in the shadow of the control grid elements and under some conditions
the secondary electrons that come off the screen grid are not recaptured by it
but go to the plate and when more secondary electrons are drawn to the plate
than are recaptured the current flow goes in the opposite direction than normal.
73
bill wa4lav