Re: [Amps] 4CX250B Ratings in Dentron Clipperton V

To: "Dick Hanson" <dick@dkhanson.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4CX250B Ratings in Dentron Clipperton V
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 21:56:27 -0400
Good points Dick.

The 4CX250R/7580W and 8930 can push the IMD into the high 20's and then add
another 5-6dB using G3SEK's tetrode boards. Add NFB and you are at -40dB
3rd. Ive measured -35dB from my 6M NCL-2000 (8122's) without any NFB.

The 4CX350A and Svetlana 4CX400A are comparable and the 4CX350FJ is the best
if you dont mind a 26.5V filament, it will do -40 out of the box without any
help.

The bogus 4CX800A is a dog that is run way over its true GI-73B ratings and
needs about 75-80% of the total Ip idle current to reach decent linearity
the way they are run in commercial ham amps. No wonder they burn up.

Carl
KM1H