Re: [Amps] backwards plate transformer

To: <maflynn@theflynn.org>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] backwards plate transformer
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 07:03:09 -0700
I have used one of these. You will definitely need a surge
limiter for when you turn it on. If you take the top cover off
and shine a light into the oil, you will see a switch down there
with selectable taps, in case you want a slightly different
voltage.

I used mine for about 30 years. The utility company where I
bought it changed out the oil to non-PCB type when I bought the
xfmr for $25. That pig has moved from Rhode Island to Los Angeles
to Yuma.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ