[Amps] Bridging 120v loads across HV primary windings

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Bridging 120v loads across HV primary windings
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 07:23:16 -0700
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 15:52:41 -0400
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>

Several commercial amps place the fan, filament. and relay/bias supply
across one winding with no apparent problem.

It is amazing that millions of dryers had been built with the motor wired
from one leg to ground before the nanny state got wind of it. Lots of
commercial ham amps also tht are still in sevice using the same concept.

Carl
KM1H

##  I have never seen a clothes dryer that did not have a neutral in it...
to run the 120 vac motor.  Dunno why they didn't use a 240 vac motor..and
called it a day.    Everything here has a neutral.... with the one exception
being a hot water tank.

## the grnd is for fault current only.   You can't buy any wire here..with out
the
grnd.  The grnd wire is not counted when u ask for wire either.   You ask for
3 x wire material.. and it comes with 4 x wires.

Folks south of me have had their plumbimg apart.. then got electrocuted.. when
they cut a
section out, not realizing that one coppe tube had 120 vac on it... as soon as
the cu pipe was cut.

later... Jim  VE7RF