[Amps] Peter Dahl / Harbach SB-220 transformer

To: "[Amps]" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Peter Dahl / Harbach SB-220 transformer
From: "Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO" <w5wvo@cybermesa.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 08:45:20 -0600
I'm interested in hearing from anybody who is knowledgeable about the SB-220
replacement transformer by Peter Dahl that Harbach is offering -- specifically,
wehether it has significantly higher power capacity than the OEM Heathkit
transformer and/or a higher voltage output. They also say you have to cut a
hole in the inside top cover to accommodate its size, which is not a big deal
for me -- but if it isn't a SIGNFICANTLY more powerful transformer, there's no
real reason for me to shell out the bucks for one. I guess the short form of
the question is: Is this transformer a replacement or an upgrade?

Bill W5WVO