Re: [Amps] 1 db compression point procedure ?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 1 db compression point procedure ?
From: "DF3KV" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:59:12 +0200
Hi Jim,

I think the easiest way is to tune and load for maximum output, then reduce
drive to find the power output at the compression point by reducing the
drive level and retuning to maximum output again.
Lets say at 2KW output gain is 19db.
Reduce drive until gain increases to 20db at the 1db compression point.

With very low drive gain sometimes appear much higher, especially with your
oversized power supply capacitor.

For more look at this German webpage:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kompressionspunkt

73