Re: [Amps] More parasitic choke questions

To: "Martin Sole" <hs0zed@csloxinfo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] More parasitic choke questions
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:00:23 -0400
I have yet to hear of an Alpha 8874 suppressor go up in smoke. I get plenty
of the old ones in here for other problems but suppressors R look as new.

Not all 2W carbon composition are the same. Allen Bradley is at the very top
of the list and some of the others arent worth using.

Metal film and MOX vary in inductance depending upon the manufacturing
method with the spiral type having considerably more inductance.

The little 3W Matsushita that Measures likes have minimal L but they glow on
10M when using a 3-500Z or similar power tube. So does the #22 ?? nichrome
wire.

Carl
KM1H