Re: [Amps] Automotive Relays

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Automotive Relays
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 17:37:03 -0400
Although not strictly an "automotive" relay, W8ZR has conducted extensive
tests on the Tyco/Shrack RTB14012, available for USD $1.80 ea. from Mouser
Electronics:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=RTB14012

Jim is using these relays for high-power 1.5KW+ switching in his new
StationPro controller.

http://www.w8zr.net/stationpro/index.htm

He's seeing some very low loss and VSWR numbers up through 6m, with decent
performance through 2m.  Not bad for a $1.80 PCB sealed power relay.  I
believe Jim has tested another similar relay with even lower loss in the
same price class.

Paul, W9AC