Re: [Amps] Shorted turns experiment

To: <garyschafer@comcast.net>, "'Larry Benko'" <xxw0qe@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Shorted turns experiment
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 09:10:11 -0400
JI makes good points as to why an 80/160 only tapped toroid works well and
is simply repeating what others knew in the late 70's and possibly earlier.

Size the toriod properly, dont get carried away with the Q, use the lowest
possible loss wire and locate where it can "breathe" and get a bit of air.
This almost guarantees that somewhat long leads to the switch are used.

In the L section of a PiL the demands on the core are less.

Carl
KM1H