Re: [Amps] Fw: TL-922 grid chokes

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fw: TL-922 grid chokes
From: Mike Tubby <mike@tubby.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 14:02:43 +0100
  All,

The grid earthing arrangements in the TL922 are a little odd and
superfluous [goes back to an arguement about splitting the anode-grid
and grid-cathode capacitances, etc]... I would go with what Jim says -
direct grounding of the grids in several places with wide copper strap
and do away with the caps and resistors altogether.

If you want grid protection [a good idea my my book] then like Jim says
a 250mA fuse will do the trick.

There's a lot of useful engineering tips and mods for the TL922 over here:

         http://www.xs4all.nl/~pa0fri/Lineairs/TL922/tl-922eng.htm

I have grounded the grids, fitted a grid fuse and replaced the anode
parasitics as described on this site.

My TL922 appears to produce 50-100W more out on each band (especially
10m) with a corresponding 10-20W reduction in drive and is
unconditionally stable.

Mike G8TIC