Re: [Amps] Automotive Relays

To: "Larry Benko" <xxw0qe@comcast.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Automotive Relays
From: "David Cutter" <d.cutter@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 20:14:55 +0100
Larry

That's the sort of thing I was looking for.  I have a book somewhere written
I think by Schrack and my memory of it is that you can't do both jobs at the
same time.  Clearly, amateurs do with several amps of rf on transmit and
disappearingly small current on receive.  I like the idea of applying a
small dc current to run through the contacts to *guarantee* they will always
work in the nA range at rf, but I haven't come across it and the evidence is
that it is not often needed.

I'll have a look at those references and try to find that book.  Thanks for
boiling it down.

73

David
G3UNA