Re: [Amps] Why no images allowed?

To: Amps reflector <amps@contesting.com>, dezrat1242@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Why no images allowed?
From: Glen Zook <gzook@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:52:59 -0700 (PDT)
Actually, the problem is with viruses, not the speed of the modem.  Many
viruses are spread as an attachment.  Therefore, no attachments.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

--- On Fri, 8/13/10, Bill, W6WRT <dezrat1242@yahoo.com> wrote:

Are there still security or other reasons why the reflector will not allow .jpg
images to be attached to emails? Especially on this reflector, having the
ability to display schematics and pictures would be a great help, I'd think.

I believe this policy went into effect back when everyone had very low speed
modems and then it made sense, but those days are pretty much gone.