Re: [Amps] Nice freebie

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Nice freebie
From: mikea <mikea@mikea.ath.cx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 08:52:46 -0500
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 09:43:35AM -0400, Jim Tonne wrote:

> I am under the impression that one of RPN's
> claim to fame is to be able to easily handle
> nested parentheses.
>
> Woopie.

Not exactly. To convert an expression from parenthesized algebraic
notation to RPN, you have to handle the parentheses (nested or not)
yourself. In RPN, there aren't any parentheses.

My degree's in math, not CS, and I failed compiler construction the
first time, but I still have something like 40 hours of CS. My hat's off
to Roger for passing compiler design.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea@mikea.ath.cx