[Amps] Not free QWERTY

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Not free QWERTY
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 07:37:04 -0700
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 03:12:44 +0000
From: Charles Harpole <k4vud@hotmail.com>

The Dvorak typing keyboard is vastly superior to the QWERTY one we have been
fosted upon.
If u want to make some easy money, tell a corporation that you can increase the
speed of their data input operators by 20% for your fee.  Then convert all
keyboards and typist skills to Dvorak.  Apple used to offer a switch on their
keyboards to Dvorak.  Too bad the enjineers did not know enuf to start all
computers on Dvorak.... save lots of keying time.
Can anyone tell why the QWERTY plan is in use?   This is your test for the day.
BTW:  The RNP is only useful with the YOTR and that is when joined with the
GFRI or the GFRE.  Otherwise, one has to employ the ETWRC converter.Alphabet
soup is distasteful,   73

Charles Harpole
k4vud@hotmail.com

### The story I got 20 yrs ago was when singer/corona/underwood cooked up the
original type writers, folks could type so fast on em, they would
jam up the keys constantly.    The cheap and dirty way to slow people down was
to use the QWERTY system we have today.   I read some article
back in 1990, abt how to modify ur keyboard back to the ORIGINAL  keyboard
layout.   Then ur speeds would increase 20% + .

later.... Jim   VE7RF