Re: [Amps] Labeling panels

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Labeling panels
From: "Wayne Rogers" <n1wr@chesapeake.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 14:37:15 -0400
Vic:  Simple solution is to use decals.  Testors No. 9201 contains six sheets
5.5" x 8.5" that you can print on with an ink jet printer.  You also need
Testor's Sealer/Bonder P/N 9200 spray, but I have found that you can also use
Krylon clear spray.

Basically you print the text for your labels in Word or some other word
processor, and then print directly onto the decal sheet.  Then you spray the
sheet to seal/bond the type (ink jet ink is soluble in water). Once the sealer
dries you cut out the decals and soak in water for 5 seconds, wait about ten
seconds, and then apply to your surface.  I finish the job by spraying with
clear Krylon to protect the decals.

Hope this helps,

Wayne N1WR
Lusby, MD