Re: [Amps] GI-7BT Amplifier Thoughts

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] GI-7BT Amplifier Thoughts
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:45:34 -0400

On 8/27/2010 12:19 PM, Richard Solomon wrote:
> Has anyone used the Russian GI-7BT in a VHF or UHF Amplifier ?
Apparently they are often used in Europe and a few are floating around
state side.
There is a some what larger version with 1500 watts dissipation
available in the $30 to $50 range. I saw one of those set up for
2-meters. How well it worked? I don't know.
> It looks like a pair of them might work. Are there any sockets
> for them, it would make construction much easier.
There is a guy who makes them and is selling them on e-bay. They look
good. How well they stand up? I don't know.

73

Roger (K8RI)