Re: [Amps] HV wires, back-to-back diodes, and B- wiring

To: 4cx250b@muohio.edu, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV wires, back-to-back diodes, and B- wiring
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 20:29:52 EDT
Jim, you are 100% correct about a single diode being sufficient for B minus
 surge protection. I guess we habitually say/use back to back or back to
front or  reversed connected pairs just in case we screw up and get a single
diode  installed backwards.

I looked inside my 23cm TH347 amplifier today and see that I also installed
 a single diode but did it in three places inside. Talk about belt,
suspenders  and velcro!

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 9/11/2010 9:53:12 A.M. Central Daylight Time,