Re: [Amps] HV wires, back-to-back diodes, and B- wiring

To: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV wires, back-to-back diodes, and B- wiring
From: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:18:01 -0500
Rob,

I was thinking the same thing as you.  A guy can spend a mountain of cash on
interconnects for hv and still get fried.  A stand alone supply by
definition means kicking the danger awareness up a notch.

Separately, I did hear once of a guy who used two separate cables.  Each
cable had a lead that ran to a cutout relay in the PS.  If the cable was
unplugged, the relay would kill power to the supply (also prevent it's
engagement).  That idea made sense to me.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com