Re: [Amps] Sourcing Sheet Aluminum and Antenna tubing

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Sourcing Sheet Aluminum and Antenna tubing
From: John Wilson <amps@grebe.plus.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 23:31:06 +0100
In the UK Smith's metals (www.smithmetal.com), although really a
wholesaler, will also supply relatively small quantities of Ally to
credit card buyers.  They do have 1/2 inch 18 SWG (Imperial) drawn
tubing (6082) but it's frightfully expensive when compared to 16 SWG
extruded.6082 (Think it was almost twice the price).  As my Yagi was
only a 6 ele and I come from Yorkshire I went for the 16 SWG however I
now pay the price every time the darn thing goes up up in a contest.

So, does anybody know if this price difference is to do with the
supplier or is it to do with the manufacturing process?.

John G3UUT