[Amps] Those Amps. Those Videos

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Those Amps. Those Videos
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:33:18 +0800
I just watched the Chinese videos. They would not load over the last
couple of days because of traffic and just now is the first time I've
been able to watch them.

I don't see what all the fuss is about. You guys are all barking up a
tree that isn't there.

Nowhere in any of the three video clips was there a power measuring
device visible.

Surely everybody knows the output metering on those displays are
notoriously inaccurate and are only useful as a tuning indicator.
They are of no value whatsoever for taking proper power measurements.
They are a guess meter at best.

Those led bar displays are also very poor , especially under voice
conditions. Lighting from adjacent segments is a real problem, not to
mention the fast flickering of the display following the voice levels.

One would have thought, with the combined technical experience of the
great minds on this forum, that these facts would have been brought
to light, right from the start.

Tell your friends not to worry Hsu. The whole thing is a storm in a
teacup. There ain't gonna be no hangin'.

73, Alek
VK6APK

http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6apk
http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6ap