Re: [Amps] Tube cooling

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tube cooling
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 21:02:30 -0500
On 11/25/2010 7:47 PM, Robert Briggs wrote:
> I have completed my experiment cooling 2 x GI-7BT tubes in a new 6 meter
> amplifier this morning...
Put the tubes in a compartment all by themselves.  Then they are
essentially in a duct with the lower portion being pressurized and the
top compartment being at a reduced pressure increasing the air flow even
more. The approach is notably more efficient than just adding a fan to
exhaust warm air.

73

roger (K8RI)