Re: [Amps] Trying to locate amplifier

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Trying to locate amplifier
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 13:54:47 -0500
I am sure it was a low band amplifier because I used the same silver plated
coil and paralleled the tubes and plate capacitors to make a pi network. I
mounted a broadcast variable capacitor on a bracket for the loading cap. Also
had modify the grid circuit as well and removed the neutralization.  Tuned 20
and 15 meters and worked lots of DX with my 20a exciter. I am almost sure it
had two stylish National knobs with planetery reducers.  I have some of the
dials and photographed one if any of you are interested. Would like to recreate
the amplifier if possible.

73
Bill wa4lav