Re: [Amps] 1nF 3kV feedthrough

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 1nF 3kV feedthrough
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 16:39:55 +0000
Iain wrote:

> Wonder if anyone can help ? I am looking for a 1nF 3kV feedthrough
> capacitor.

> The highest voltage rating I seem to be able to find is 2kV.

   You can always make your own.  Drill a hole in a sheet of metal (or use an
exiting hole) wrap a
typical wire with hV insulation fiberglass, or silicone tape, polyurethane or
glass tubing and
measure the capacity, if to much, enlarge the hole and try more tubing.
You might want to start with inner conductor and polyurethane insulation from
various types of coax,
such as RG-11/U and RC-8/U. (in that order)  Remember 1 nF is almost
unmeasurable.
--
    Ron KA4INM - I'm proud to be Chuck's pop!