Re: [Amps] 1nF 3kV feedthrough

To: Iain <Iain@g4dpf.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 1nF 3kV feedthrough
From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 12:40:45 +0000
On 01/ 1/11 02:03 PM, Iain wrote:
> Happy New Year to all.
>

> Wonder if anyone can help ? I am looking for a 1nF 3kV feedthrough
> capacitor.
>
> The highest voltage rating I seem to be able to find is 2kV.
>
> Any help or pointers in the right direction would be very much appreciated.
>
> 73's de Iain G4DPF

I don't have any of that exact spec, but have some Sprague devices which will
probably do what you want. For feedthough applications, the value is generally
not critical.

They look identical to this:

http://www.rfparts.com/caps_hv.html

and are indeed made by Sprague and are same value.

Capacitance 680 pF
Voltage 6 kV

It's hard to make out the part number, but it is something like A31403-1,
though
the "03" bit might be wrong. It might be "00" or "08". I could not find any
more
detailed specs with Google.

£6 including carriage within the UK.

I guess you could parallel 2 if you wanted more capacitance, but I doubt it
will
be necessary.