Re: [Amps] Fuses

To: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fuses
From: "James R Carr" <n7fcf@hctc.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 11:07:54 -0800
Type T will clear in less than 1/2 cycle but listed for non inductive loads.
Type LPS-RK a dual element will clear in less than 1/2 cycle and is designed
for protection ahead of motor controlers with heavy inrush currents. would
probably be better for a transformer primary if they make it in the proper
amperage. the rub is $65 a clatter. There has been major changes in the
industry in the last ten years mandated by government. And prices reflect
it.
Jim
N7FCF
Jim