Re: [Amps] BVT problem

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] BVT problem
From: Commander John <crazytvjohn@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 10:16:56 -0800 (PST)
Hi All
I was once going to make one of those thingys and stopped half way through when
I bought the Commander.
Modern Neon transformers have a circuit for protection like the outlets in
bathrooms.
It triggers if there is no ground.  Green Third Wire needs to be connected to
transformer case.  I have experienced that and of course the transformer could
be also bad too.
I used a  TV  B&K High voltage probe with a stick rectifier screwed on the end
to read the voltage. A little something from the days of 1B3 tubes that I used
to check if the flyback was worth the tube.
john W9ZY