[Amps] GI-7bT amplifier

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] GI-7bT amplifier
From: Glen Zook <gzook@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 20:05:20 -0800 (PST)
I am in the process of building a single band linear for 160 meters using a
pair of GI-7bT tubes.  The reason for single band is that I have 3 other linear
amplifiers that cover 80 through 10 but none of them cover 160 meters.

Looking at various circuits (gleaned from the Internet) I notice one common
factor and that is none of them, at least that I have found, have any provision
for monitoring grid current.  Also, unless I am overlooking something, I don't
find any specifications for maximum grid current for the GI-7b or GI-7bT.

My 160 meter exciter puts out a maximum of about 80 watts which definitely
should be plenty to drive a pair of GI-7bT tubes.  Anyway, does anyone have any
suggestions or information on if I should have any worries about this.  I am
well aware of grid restrictions on tubes like the 811A, 572B, 3-500Z, etc.
But, this is my first venture using the GI-7bT tubes.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com