Re: [Amps] 572Bs

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 572Bs
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 06:21:19 +0800
That's certainly different to my experience Mitch.

The 200+, Shuguang (Chinese) 572B, that I have bought direct from
China and onsold to hams in VK have been absolutely superb.

I have had just 2 failures "out of the box" and none after that in
the 7 years that I have been handling them. I have had zero failures
of any kind from a similar number of 811A tubes from the same factory.

The 2 failed 572B's were replaced without question on my subsequent
order from the supplier in China.

Not only are they superb in that regard, they are plug and play with
the Cetron variety and they really produce the grunt when needed and
their longevity is excellent when care is taken with filament voltage.

I can't say anything other than I am really impressed with them.

73, Alek
VK6APK

At 11:27 PM 19/01/2011, Mitch Cox wrote:
>Paul,
>I am sure you will receive many answers to your question on this
>subject. I will give you an answer that pertains to my experience with 572B's.
>I have built many amplifiers over the years for people using this
>tube, only 3 last year and one so far this year. In my experience
>the Russian tube is by far superior to what is available from the
>Chinese today regardless of the name or label printed on them. In
>the past 10 years I have found that the Chinese tubes have about a
>40% failure rate new, out of the box here. So far I have had one
>Svetlana tube fail to light out of about 50 that has been through my
>shop. The Svetlana tubes last much longer and have much higher stage
>gain than any of the Chinese tubes that I have tried. I have had
>very good luck purchasing these tubes from Frank Krize, K5SVC at
>Krize Electronics. I am pretty sure that my experience is not an
>exception but keep in mind that a fellow asked a simple question
>about a fuse about 5 weeks ago and that lasted at least 3 weeks on
>this forum venturing from a simple fuse question blossoming into
>fluid induction breakers. There are a lot of people who don't co
>  nsider the 572B a worthwhile venture but for $150.00 for 3, they
> pretty much equal the performance of a 3-500Z.
>Best Regards,
>Mitch
>W4COX

 From sunny Binningup, Western Australia