Re: [Amps] T/R delay mod for AL-811?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] T/R delay mod for AL-811?
From: "Mike Short" <mike.short@mchsi.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:32:16 -0600
Why not replace the clunky relay with the mod that Phil, AD5X did to the
ALS-600?

Very fast QSK, and you won't wear out the relay in your lifetime.

http://www.ad5x.com/images/Presentations/QSKals500als600.pdf

Mike

AI4NS

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:25:39 -0700
From: "John Harper" <john@ae5x.com>
Subject: [Amps] T/R delay mod for AL-811?
To: amps@contesting.com

Hello all,

I'm looking for a way to adjust the T/R delay of my AL-811 and wondering
if anyone knows of an online source of info...so far, I haven't been able
to turn one up.

Specifically, I'm looking for a way to delay the transition from transmit
back to receive during CW in order to minimize wear & tear on the relay.
Even at 25 wpm, the relay transitions back to receive mode after every
letter of my callsign. I'd like something less QSK-ish, for example to
just stay in the transmit position for the length od a word (or callsign)
rather than changing over after each letter is sent.

Thanks and 73,

John Harper AE5X
http://www.ae5x.com/blog