Re: [Amps] Tuner Loss

To: amps@contesting.com, "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tuner Loss
From: "Shane Youhouse" <kd6vxi@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 07:47:34 -0800
It seems to me that the losses in a tuner typically will be effected by
the transformation ratio.

There is loss in any network that transforms impedance that I've been able
to find.

Circulating current in the tuna WILL cause heating, just as it does in a
pi net in your amplifier.  The pi, L, etc. doesn't care what the generator
is (Cblock or literally, Cload).

Correct me if I'm wrong...  BUT, my tuna (Johnson Matchbox, 6 inch spaced
#10 feeders to 160 inv v) gets warmer the larger transformation ratio is
being effected.

--Shane
KD6VXI

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 18:19:44 -0800, Bill, W6WRT <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> [...]

It's a sad state of affairs when your tubes don't have handles but your
dummy load does.