Re: [Amps] doorknob cap suppliers ?

To: "Robert Harmon" <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] doorknob cap suppliers ?
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 19:52:05 -0400
Going with  .01 or .0047 disc makes a much better bypass. I use parallel
.0047 and .001 6KV discs at both places as the idea is to keep 160M and HF
RF as well as harmonic RF out of the PS. Alpha is almost unique in using
sufficient C in the bypass, most others go the cheap route with 500 or
1000pf and are known for short cap life when there is a lot of 160 use.

Carl
KM1H