[Amps] doorknob cap suppliers ?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] doorknob cap suppliers ?
From: John Lyles <jtml@losalamos.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 13:26:36 -0600
I don't know if the ARRL or West Coast HB mention this, but when
paralleling RF capacitors
like this, try to layout so that they are physically in parallel, having
the same length of strap to each. If you put two together, make them on
a Tee shaped strap so that the inductance to each is identical. If you
put them in-line on a copper strap, then one of them will have different
RF current due to this lead length. Also, there is a higher chance of
creating multiple VHF resonant circuits within the L and C of the
blocker cap, with the in-line arrangement. This is explained in only one
text that I can remember, the Philips "Tubes for RF Heating" book, long
out of print.

73
John
K5PRO