[Amps] Drake L7 strange capacitors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Drake L7 strange capacitors
From: Rick Stealey <rstealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 23:10:45 +0000
Could anyone explain the reason for the strange configuration of capacitors on
the Drake L7?
They have what looks like printed circuit board material made into a capacitor.
 They have one
across a portion of the RF choke, and one that appears to be a padding cap
across the tuning
cap.  The latter one I can somewhat understand, but that one across the RF
choke has me
puzzled.  I ask because on an L7 I looked at recently the one across the tuning
cap was
clipped off.  A wild guess is that it has something to do with making the RF
choke
functional on WARC bands????

Rick  K2XT