Re: [Amps] 4 wire 240VAC service? What to do now?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4 wire 240VAC service? What to do now?
From: "Roger (sub1)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 02:06:20 -0400
On 4/4/2011 9:38 PM, Gary Schafer wrote:
> Being that it is only 120 volts you have a hot, neutral and a ground wire
> run out there. You should have the ground wire from the main panel connected
> to the ground buss in the sub panel along with the local ground rod out
> there. Do not bond the neutral to the sub panel ground.

Ahhh, I thought if you had a ground rod and ground at the remote panel
then the neutral was grounded at that point as well and that was the
only condition under which the remote panel neutral was grounded.  No
ground rod at the remote panel and then neutral is not grounded there,
but only back at the main panel.

73

Roger (K8RI)