Re: [Amps] Where is power measured ?

To: "'Vic K2VCO'" <vic@rakefet.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Where is power measured ?
From: "Sam Carpenter" <sam@owenscommunication.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 11:44:59 -0400
"leading edge of his characters more
'presence'"

He did have a way with words. Does that mean the Input on voice was measured
at full AHHHHHHH, AHHHDIO.

I do remember at some point, 80s I think, the measurement point was roundly
considered to be feedpoint of the antenna. I remember a very large repeater
that ran 8877 output on VHF. The operator was always being gunned for (no
good reason) and he was very careful to have exact cable spec's lengths and
type because he had to be able to show "only" 1500w at the feedpoint. It
sure was a fun machine. I think at one point there were more than 20 remote
rxers. You could drive from Chicago to Louisville, or Danville Ill to
Cincinatti with a handheld and 5 watts and never fall out. 27 states checked
in one night during an opening. It was on a cable system birdie frequency so
he was just about alone coordinated on the freq. Big power was fun even on
FM back then around Indiana. Some of the guys on here from the Midwest will
remember the "Mighty 525".

Sam N9FUT