[Amps] what is a 4 wire 240VAC service

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] what is a 4 wire 240VAC service
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 20:53:49 -0700
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 21:44:29 +0100
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Amps] what is a 4 wire 240VAC service

Mark Robinson wrote:
>Of course the standard is different in the UK. The switch is down for
>on and up for off. Amazing how no-one can develop a standard for even
>the simplest of things.

Both sides agree on the reason for this: "We have a perfectly good
standard. You people over there weren't listening!"

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek

## Down for off..and up for on.....now that IS intuitive. At least if you doze
off, and your
heads hits the various toggle switch's, then it shuts off!

##  driving on the left side of the road is counter-intuitive also.  Most folks
are right handed.
I can't shift gears with my left hand if I tried.  Ditto with dash
controls,also with your left hand.
All my relatives are in the UK, and seem to have it sorted out.

## wiring vac  T/R relays so they are energized on RX, and de-energized on TX
is another one that's odd.
Yeah, I know, direct the lightning bolt into the tube, instead of the RX
portion of the Xcvr. I can make any vac relay
operate faster by speeding it up... but can't do anything to speed up the rls.

later... Jim   VE7RF