[Amps] Installing 811 amp using Ft 950

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Installing 811 amp using Ft 950
From: "Dave Nissen" <dave@w9cop.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 10:57:33 -0500
Greetings

I am trying to install a Ameritron 811 amp to a FT-950 radio. I have a
Ameritron ARB-704 interface and a Ameritron PHP-8M cable. If I am reading
correctly, I connect the interface, using the supplied cable, to the radio and
make no other connections. The interface on the radio side connects at the
"linear" port on the radio and the "multi-port" on the interface. The RCA plugs
are not used.

I have read in too many places with different suggestions/instructions and am
now confused. I seem to recall I spoke with a vendor at Dayton last year and
was instructed not to use the "linear" port on the radio and use the "tuner"
instead.  I don't know about this  as logic tells me this is a bad idea.

What do the experts say?

Thanks and 73

Dave de W9COP