Re: [Amps] Blown anode choke in TL-922

To: "Alf Pousar" <alf.pousar@surffi.net>,<Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Blown anode choke in TL-922
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 16:59:28 +0800
In Isaac's original description, he described hearing a bang. That
means that he had  'an event'.

The browning of the wires of the plate choke is not consistent with
the symptoms (bang) that Isaac described hearing.

Something else caused that bang to be heard. A  bandswitch or tuning
capacitor flashover A popping diode or capacitor or even the cw/ssb
switch contacts.

Isaac, there must be some damage, other than that plate choke that
you have not uncovered yet.

73, Alek.
VK6APK

At 04:45 PM 24/04/2011, Alf Pousar wrote:
>Hi Isaac,
>I guess it's due to the fact you are running RTTY. The power
>dissipation is a totally different ball  game for RTTY vs SSB.
>Your working is similar to keydown for the entire qso during transmission.
>This is orfcourse only my opinion.
>
>Happy easter,
>Alf  OH2QM
>

>=======
>Email scanned by PC Tools - No viruses or spyware found.
>(Email Guard: 7.0.0.21, Virus/Spyware Database: 6.17360)
>http://www.pctools.com/
>=======

 From sunny Binningup, Western Australia

http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6apk